Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Glorifying God

One of my favorite verses of all time, if not my favorite, is 1 Corinthians 10:31 which says, "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." I think that this verse is pretty much telling us that glorifying God should be our main goal in life. But how much do we, as humans, take pride in our actions? I know I do a lot, and that's wrong. Paul says to do EVERYTHING that we do all for the glory of God. For instance, I can do really well on a test at school, a final exam in fact. Now I can say that I studied really well for that exam so I'm the one who deserves all the credit, or I can thank God for allowing me to memorize the material and do well on the exam, because in the end, it's all up to Him. Now that's a hard thing to do for most people. It's our nature that drives us to thinking that we deserve all of the credit, therefore glorifying ourselves in our heads. Whether we act on that thought or not is still irrelevant. We still thought it. So remember, God is in control, and He deserves all of the glory.

1 comment:

  1. I guess this is something we really need to work on during the upcoming volleyball season, huh?

    ReplyDelete