Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Training

Recently, I've started training for a triathalon. Now training for a triathalon takes a lot of discipline, a lot of dedication, and a whole lotta sweat. Gallons of the stuff. Thinking about how hard I have to work to acheive my goal of competing in a triathon reminded me of what Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9:24-27: "24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." I got to thinking, competing in a triathalon takes a lot of preparation beforehand. My body won't be able to handle doing a triathalon without the proper training. I have to swim, bike, and run a lot beforehand just to be prepared to finish the race, let alone win. Christianity is the same way. I can't just go out into the world without praying or reading my Bible and expect to do what God has planned for me. I have to train. I have to pray constantly and read my Bible regularly in order to be ready for whatever God has in store for me. Without training, my spirit won't be able to do what God wants. So don't just run to win, train to win as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment